The benefits of whole-body cryotherapy are well known, ranging from memory improvement, muscle pain relief, weight loss and the prevention of cancer. Continue reading “How Safe Is Whole Body Cryotherapy?”
A cryotherapy spa offers treatments that involve moisture or any other aqua form. In fact, some people associate the spas as a form of health from the water. The history of cryotherapy goes back many years when it was said to be a spiritual healing process. Most spas have incorporated the cryotherapy as the vital activity in their fitness program. The cryotherapy has been diverse to serve as a treatment, body fitness and beauty method in the spas. The cryotherapy has provided a more efficient alternative to the use of ice pack in the spas.
The Cryotherapy Spa Process
In the Spa, cryotherapy process takes an effective short period. Since the process is frostbite, the spas provide freezing experience in the freezing nitrogen-filled chambers. The cryotherapy has also become famous among most athletes for the quick recovery abilities it comes with.
People involved in sports, whether as participants, coaches or even as medical team members know that the increasing demand of today’s sport needs ever more advanced approaches to enable all the participants to compete at current levels successfully. Coaching and professional training must be accompanied by correct facilities for enabling the best recovery strategies to be implemented. When an injury takes place, the time of recovery must be minimised by using the best available techniques: that is where the cryotherapy spas come in. The spas have opened up the service in most parts of the world as demand increases. Muscle problems such as pains as well as injuries are some of the most common issues dealt with in the process for the regular clients. Cryotherapy is done at a temperature between zero up to -200 degrees.
Benefits of Cryotherapy Spas
- They relieve most pains such as muscle pains. The said pain relieve having been characterised and studied. Research studies show that cryotherapy has been successful in controlling pains caused by arthritis problems.
- They have been successful in promoting and playing a role in weight loss. Under cold temperatures, the body forces responsible for increasing your weight are subject to action, so they work hard to gain or maintain warmth. The process results in weight loss.
- They are an effective controller of inflammation. Inflammation occurs due to the over-reactive action of immune systems whenever it works toward battling any infections in the blood. The swellings are related to various health problems such as dementia, diabetes and depression. In fact, research studies show that the practice can prevent dementia.
- Efficiently minimise your chances of getting various form cancers. The medical experts at times freeze the patients during cancer treatments. The body under freezing condition will attract more oxygen, which is relevant to blood circulation.
- Generally, under shallow temperatures, the body is likely to release various hormones such as endorphins. Endorphins are hormones responsible for better feelings in humans. The hormones get into the blood system, and they eliminate anxiety.
• The Cryotherapy practice can effectively prevent and heal various medical problems. The non-surgical or medical method is highly effective in pain control.
This article looks at the anatomy of a cryotherapy chamber, it explains what the chamber is and how it works. Basically the chamber is the reverse of a sauna, you freeze instead of sweat. It is used for rejuvenation and healing of injuries and skin and muscle conditions. Continue reading “The Anatomy of a Cryotherapy Chamber”
Cryotherapy may be defined as the treatment of pain by use of freezing temperature. This extremely cold temperature is used to dampen a nerve that is irritated by the pain. The therapy may also be used to treat certain cancers. In addition to this, cryotherapy is also used by dermatologists during the treatment of abnormal skin cells.
How Cryotherapy Is Carried Out
During this process, a kind of probe is inserted into the tissue that is adjacent to the nerve that is affected by the extreme pain. The probe that is inserted, then automatically lowers its temperature to freezing mode. As a result, the affected nerve becomes inactive. In turn, this ensures that the irritation, as well as the pain of the nerve, are relieved.
Cryotherapy may also be carried out in a sauna-like chamber known as the cryotherapy unit, cryosauna or cryotherapy chamber. This is also referred to as whole-body cryotherapy. However, these chambers use nitrogen in liquid form to carry out the process. The liquid nitrogen is found in the chamber and their temperatures are lowered to as low as -160 degrees.
The whole cryotherapy session should be carried out by an experienced, certified and trained cryotherapy technician. If the process is carried out in a chamber, then the participant wear gloves, slippers, and socks or even briefs. However, you are strongly advised not to apply any moisture promoting the product to your skin an hour before the procedure. Additionally, you should not have any jewellery, makeup or metal wear.
Steps of Cryotherapy
During the first step toxins and other harmful substances are expected to be extracted from your blood. That is during the initial stage, which takes place between two to three minutes. During this process, the extreme cold and freezing temperatures are expected to work with your body’s physiology to produce the desired detox and numbing effect.
During the second step, the body’s physiology now tries to normalize itself. However, it does this with cleansed blood, which is filled with nutrients, oxygen, and other vital organisms. This rich blood comes courtesy of cryotherapy. In this stage, your body also warms itself up. However, for your body to fully recover, it will need a time frame of approximately 48 hours.
That is the last step, which can also be called the restoration step. That is because, throughout this period, your body completely restores itself to how it was before albeit in a healthier manner. Moreover, the process will also promote more energy levels in your body.
Conditions That Cryotherapy Treats
Cryotherapy is known to treat conditions such as osteoarthritis, extreme back pain, fibromyalgia, muscle trains, rheumatoid arthritis, as well as tendinitis. Renowned sports personalities have used this therapy to relieve their bodies from extreme pain and fatigue which sporting activities bring. If you have a condition that you want to treat using cryotherapy, ensure you discuss it with the person administering or assisting with your treatment. It is always recommended consulting a doctor before you use any type of therapy.